Child-Adult Relationship Enhancement (CARE) Academy’s mission is to strengthen the bonds between children and the important adults in their lives. From teachers, parents, and neighbors, we hope to enrich the lives of the children in our community by strengthening the adults that care for them.
CARE will be offering workshops to the community, FREE to the public, at the Seahorse Institute (85 Soldier Rd.). Spaces are limited so please sign up for each event as soon as possible.
Previous workshops include:
- Techniques of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Speech and Language 101 – What are communication disorders?
- The Power of Inclusion
- Dental Hygiene for Special Populations
- Recognizing signs of drug and alcohol abuse in teens
- Managing problem behaviors in Children with Autism and related disabilities
- Understanding pediatric psychiatric disorders and their treatment options (2 part series)
- Identifying signs of learning challenges in children
- My sibling has a disability. What does that mean to me?
- Reducing problem behavior during daily routine
- Pediatric developmental milestones
- An anxious child – for parents/adults supporting children with anxiety
- Center based learning
- Improving daily living skills
- Brown bagging, how to pack a healthy lunch
- Nutrition for your family
- The development of Speech and Language
Sign up below to be alerted via email about future sessions
For more information, please email CARE@seahorseinstitute.org or call us at (242)676-6780.